Sunday, March 6, 2011

Growing sooo fast!

I feel like Presley is just growing up so very fast.  I definitely can not just leave her on the floor or bed or anything any more.  She is a busy little body (but I guess I should have expected that after the last couple days of my pregnancy)  She rolls and rolls and rolls and gets stuck in corners...under the coffee table...under the rocking chair....crashes over Kenzies block buildings...and so forth. 
She has been really eyeing everything that we eat the last couple weeks.  At her check up Dr. said she could use some rice cereal sooner rather than later beings that she didn't gain as much weight as she should have.  He said Presley is very strong and developing great so she could be ready for solids at any time.....sounded crazy to me to start a baby on solids at 4 months old!! Avery was not interested at all until about 7 1/2 months and Kenzie was a little over 6 months.  Well, Dr said you will know when to give it to her when...."every bite you put in your mouth makes you feel guilty...because sad little wanting eyes are cutting into you"   Well, it happened!  Yesterday and today she watched every single bite I took like a hawk and gave me this sad little look while licking her chops. After dinner she was sitting in my lap while I was eating dessert and she had such a tight little grip on my hands.....oooohhh she was working hard to pull herself up to get that ice cream, and slobbering and gnawing on my hand.....needless to say I felt very guilty for eating it, she was getting so upset!! (maybe feeling guilty for more than one reason) So we tried rice cereal tonight....she LOVED it.  Ate like a champ, seemed a little disappointed when it was gone. 



1 comment:

  1. She soooo reminds me of Lana-bean at that age. It makes me miss her roly-poly baby-ness. I love how big sister "helps."

    ReplyDelete