Thursday, July 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to YOU...Kenzie Lou!! May 27

On Kenzie's birthday, Avery was gone at school.  We invited cousin Mickie over to spend the day with Kenzie (so  she wouldn't have to just be at home with boring old mom and baby)  It was kind of rainy and chilly out so we skipped the pre planned picnic in the park for lunch at Burger King. 


Kenzie decided since she is now 4 that she shouldn't be afraid of the covered slide anymore......it took a lot of coaxing from mom and Mickie but Kenzie finally braved the slide.  Got to the bottom and said "that is it!! I was scared of that short slide....I must have got taller last sleep because the slide is so short!"   after that her and Mickie just raced around in circles....sliding_climbing_sliding_climbing.

After lunch the sun decided to come out and we still had an hour before Avery would get out of school so we headed to Million Smiles Park.  Kenzie and Mickie headed right to the water of course.



an older couple at Burger King told me ..."you have a perfect little family...twin girls and then a handsome boy"   I didn't correct her, just said thank you and moved on......then at the park a lady said "oh you got your hands full, twin girls and then a little boy"   I did correct her and she just said "interesting...that is a little girl? In jeans"   Huh?  Little girls aren't allowed to wear jeans at all now?  ( the lady who said it to me was wearing jeans also BTW)
 
my "handsome little guy"  =)
That evening we really spoiled the girls and took them out to Billy Mchales ( ate out 2 times in one day, yes I know----bad parents)   Avery wanted to make sure we told them that it was Kenzies birthday so she would get ice cream and have them sing.  Kenzie said " no-no-no, I dont want them to sing" and started panicking. So I said I would not tell them...but by chance the guy in the booth next to us was also having a birthday.....they started singing behind Kenzie and she FREAKED out....shaking and crying and looking at me like 'fix this now,mom'   When she realized that it wasn't for her she calmed down and felt a little silly =)   The waitress felt terrible when I explained the 'situation' and she assured Kenzie that she could get the treat without the song.  I think Kenzie was a little worried for the rest of the time though...she had her eye on every employee that walked bye.
All in all, I would say Kenzie had a great 4th Birthday. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet girl! It's okay, I don't really like the singing waiters either : )

    ReplyDelete