Sunday, September 11, 2011

No more tonsils for Kenzie July 25

July 25, Kenzies surgery day.  Tonsils and adenoids came out....Kenzie did great, Dean did great, me on the other hand....epic fail.  I was up super early, giving myself pep talks to be strong for Kenzie....soon as we got in the car to drive to Bellingham...lost it!!  ARGH...I am so emotional sometimes, it is just ridiculous.  Anyway, Kenzie was brave----very very nervous but brave none-the-less.
Kenzies great aunt Yvonne and her family brought Kenzie presents the night before to give her something to do.  At dinner time, I left Avery and Presley with my parents. So Kenzie was at home with just mommy and daddy for a whole evening and night!!  Aunt Yvonne gave her a fancy new princess cup and a collection of Fancy Nancy books. 
Presley on the loose.....that bag and card didn't survive more than 10seconds after this picture =)
Kenzie got a good scrub down in the bath from mom and dad (drs orders) and then we watched Bee movie and ate popcorn and snuggled together.  
Bright and early in the morning we packed up and made it to the surgery center by 7:30 am.  Soon as the nurse called Kenzies name, she closed her eyes super tight and refused to answer questions or open her eyes...I am with her, sometimes better not to know what is going on ;)
Dean was so calm and comforting for her.  Iam so so so grateful that he was there, because I was pretty worthless.  Just bawling my eyes out....seriously.
Kenzie had to drink some 'happy juice' prior to being taken back to the operating room.....ended up having to hold her down and choke it down her.  OH, this child and medicine!!
Anyway, 'happy juice' settled in very quickly and WHOA..I so did not like what it did to Kenzie.   Loopy-drunken-stumbling-drooling toddler.   At one point she fell onto deans chest sort of half asleep, sort of just staring at her hand.  I started sobbing and she looked up at me with huge-wide eyes and said very sternly and with great concern. 
"MOMMY!!  Your face is mmmeeelllting!   look...your eyes are melted down your face and right onto your boobies!! OH NO.. mommy!!  
meanwhile, she is bobbing her head up and down and trying to point at me but really pointing at the wall.  Well, I have to admit, it did make me laugh for a moment.
And then they took her off to the OR ...oh that was really hard.  Kenzie yelled out for us, "don't leave me here"  yikes...break my heart.
Dean pulled me away to the waiting room and then went and bought me a latte.  Withing 15 minutes doctor walked out with a big smile and said "Kenzie did fantastic and we are all done, she should be waking in a few minutes"  Phew, that was fast. Thank goodness.
 We arrived in the recovery room right as Kenzie was waking up.  We brought her a present and her build a bear --Daisy ( present was a new outfit for Daisy and and ipod and cell phone for Daisy)

On our way home to rest and recover!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my dear best friend Lyndsey...whatever are we going to do with you? :) You make me smile...and shake my head. :)

    ReplyDelete