Monday, September 12, 2011

Road to Recovery July 25, 2011

Little Lou-lou, hates to take medicine!!  Dr. gave us a bottle of tylenol with codeine for pain and said to give it around the clock for the first 36 to 48 hours so that she can drink well.  So, once we arrived home I started trying to give the medicine and she ran from me and she cried and she hid and she whined and she pushed me away etc..... I held her down and forced the medicine in and she cried and cried.  4 hours later I tried again and she fought so hard that she threw up....well that was that...one dose of medicine was all I got in this child post surgery.  She assured me that she wasn't taking the medicine because she wasn't having any pain...hmmm??  Well, she refused to eat anything and drank very very little for 9 days.  She lost quite a bit of weight and hadn't peed for almost 36 hours on day 9/10 post surgery.  Dr said this was last day, she would have to be put in the hospital if I didn't get her hydrated.  So, we had one very long day of me forcing her to drink 1 to 3 teaspoons every 20 minutes for 12 hours!!  Exhausting, but it worked.  Her and I seriously battled it out every 20 minutes, she did not want to swallow anything still.  Well, once she got hydrated she was up and running.  That evening by 7pm, she was hydrated and full of energy! I, on the other hand was totally wiped.   Oh well, the things we do for our little loves.  The next day, she woke up full of all the goofiness that we love as Kenzie and appetite took off. 
Since then, she is all healed up and doing fantastic!  Sleeping better, eating better, no more bags under eyes....its all good.     I am however pretty sad that it seems her growly raspy beautiful voice is gone!! Replaced by a higher pitched more "little girl" voice.... I loved the growl  =)
Best part of the recovery was all the snuggle time that I got....seriously spent hours every day with this girl (and usually both of her sisters) just snuggled up on my lap wanting hugs and love.  We all know that I am a big fan of lovin on my kids, so can't complain about that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment