Monday, January 10, 2011

Sundays in Birch Bay

By far, my favorite day of each week is Sunday.  For the past 7 years my siblings and I (and now significant others,spouses and children) have gotten together at my parents house for yummy appetizers and dinner prepared by my mom.  Thank you Lydell for such a great idea! Sundays are really laid back days....typically Dean and the girls and I get to lounge around a little in the morning before heading off to church, then we pack up and head out to Birch Bay for the day.  My parents have a great view of the bay, in warmer days the girls typically can talk papa and /or aunt bucky (my sister Lyza) into taking them down to the beach.  We just sit around and chat and watch the kids play together.  In the summer we sit in the sun on the deck or play in the pool.  In the winter we watch football/basketball/ whatever sport can be found on tv. Often some sort of board/card game will sneak in there somewhere. Usually the girls then talk uncle big boy (my brother Lydell) in to sitting in the hot tub with them.  It is always just a 'most enjoyable'  day.  I love watching my girls be so excited to see their nana and papa and aunts and uncles.  I love staying connected with my siblings and parents and I love that I don't have to make dinner( hehehe)
beautiful sunsets from the hot tub 'oasis' and the deck.

Kenzie, Avery and their cousin Mickie
recently our sundays have included pool time at aunt buckys pool.  Lyza and Shawn moved into a condo a couple months ago that has a great clubhouse and pool and it is only maybe a mile from mom and dads house.

Avery spent the day mastering backward and forward rolls in the pool
'my little fish'

Kenzie and cousin Jaeger
they prefer to float and play with the barbies and rubber duckies
Avery and Kenzie with papa digging for 'special rocks' this past summer

Presley just soaks up all the attention,  perfectly content to be snuggled all day long!
Family is so very important and I am so thankful for mine....I will cherish these simple days forever.

1 comment: