Monday, January 3, 2011

uggh.....back to school already?

Well, it finally happened! Avery got her way and got daddy to put her on the bus to go to school this morning.  Here I sit....already two cups of coffee in plus three advil and already a mess of kleenex around me.  They tried to sneak out to the neighbors house to catch the bus with them, I woke up as dean was finishing packing her lunch.  Of course, I instantly burst into tears.  She is too little to ride the bus, my heart just can't handle how grown up she is.  In true Avery fashion, she gives me a big hug and says "really mom? it is just a school bus...kids are supposed to ride the bus to school and I rrrreeeaaally want to ride the bus.  You can pick me up after school if you really have to. "  by then I was just a big bawl baby-snotty mess and I couldnt even say good bye or take a picture or anything.  Dean walked here down to the neighbors house and I watched from the kitchen window about  100 yards away as Avery happily bounced out to the school bus with her friends.  Oh that child!!  why must she grow up so fast?  I cant help but feel proud of her as I write this....she loves school and is so excited to get out and see her friends.  It makes me think of a really sappy song I like that has a line that goes " I'll have tears as you take off, but I will cheer as you fly"  that is definitley how I feel right now.  I know, I know a little dramatic right?  Well, this is just minor compared to me on the first day of preschool and kindergarten!!  After the first day of kindergarten my doctor was so worried about me that she actually prescribed medication to 'sedate' me and calm my anxieties(which I never took) and had a psychiatrist call me at home that night.....just to check on me.  I think they were worried I would send myself into premature labor, boy I must of scared them.  Anyway, its ridiculos I know.  Now poor Kenzie is so worried about me again.  She keeps saying 'lets just go get avery, so you have no more tears'  although honestly Kenzie seems a little pleased this morning to have free reign over all the toys and clothes in the house.   So, thank you to my neighbor Hannah, who is a sweet_gracious superMom of four for letting avery crash her house this morning unannounced and sending avery off on her merry way......I am sure Avery is very pleased with herself right now.  Oh, how I love that little girl.
like I said, no pictures today, but here she is on her way to her very first day of kindergarten in August.

2 comments:

  1. Good work, mom! I'd worry about you more if you didn't bat an eye at your oldest hopping on the bus for school. You're blessed to have a great hubby, neighbor and boss to be so supportive! Each day should require less and less kleenex. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go AVERY! Actually, WAY TO GO DEAN...and you too Lyndsey, but I don't think you had a vote. :) I'm sure it must be hard, but you've raised her well. You're song lyric almost made me cry. I'm too emotional these days... YCan't wait to hear if you ever let her ride it home. :) PS - SUPER excited about your blog. Kinda shocked at the same time. Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete