Saturday, January 29, 2011

What have I done????

Well, I may just be crazy!!  I decided to join Team in Training again this season.  Not sure what I just got myself into.....but it is all good!   I have done a couple of triathlons with them and I believe in their program in many ways.  I trust the trainers/coaches, I know if I follow their plan I will cross the finish line in the end.  Also, I very much believe in their work raising money for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  I had been kind of on the fence about joining or not this season.  I thought it would be good to get back in shape and hopefully lose some weight...etc.... but then yesterday I was reminded of a far more important reason to join the Team again.  We NEED to find a cure for cancer already!!  Avery came home from school with  a bit of heavy heart and reported that a little boy named Cash, who is a cousin of her classmate "is going to be with Jesus really soon"  They have been praying for him all school year...2 years old with cancer....just so heartbreaking.  Cancer....ugh it is just so ugly, unfair, powerful and though the money that I raise is so little I feel like it helps take some of that power away from cancer when put to good use in research and treatments.  Anyway, Cash did pass away yesterday and Avery took  the news with 'faith like a child'  she said " that she is sad that his mommy will be sad but happy that he gets to be with Jesus and not be sick anymore"   So...settled it for me...I'm IN!! GO TEAM....and the icing on the cake:  I somehow talked my good friend Shara into joining me on the journey. YAY!  We are going to do the Rock n Roll 1/2 marathon in seattle this summer.   We had our first "training" together today at the track.  Went well.  Really cold and REALLY wet day today, but we managed to stick it out for 30 minutes.  Can only get better from here.  How this is all going to work.....well I am not sure about that, minor details.  I will have to go back to work soon and be a parent to 3 little kiddos and a wife and a housekeeper etc...but it is all good!! I have faith that it will all come together.

2 comments:

  1. What have YOU done??? No, What have I done?!? Somehow we will both cross that finish line. Thanks for the reminder that we are doing it for a bigger purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Seattle Rock and Roll Half would be as fun as running could get. I'm quite sure. Good for you, girl! And you too, Shara!!! Woot Woot! I'm in for another 5K this year... gotta work up to a half! :)

    ReplyDelete